and i'm glad we did.
they were easy. fast. and tasted a heck of a lot better than the bar version.
panko crusted chicken tenders
adapted from food network's panko chicken nuggets
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 pound chicken tenders
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
hearty pinch paprika & garlic powder
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- pound the tenders flat with a mallet or bottom of a pan.
- mix the egg & buttermilk and place the chicken tenders in the mixture.
- in a separate square or rectangular pan, mix the panko and seasonings.
- in a saute pan, add 1/4 to 1/2 inch vegetable oil and heat over medium.
- lift one tender out of the milk mixture and let excess drip off. dip both sides in the bread crumbs and put into the hot oil.
- cook about 4 minutes on each side, or until done. repeat with remaining tenders.
- cool on a cooling rack set over paper towels so the excess oil drips off and the tenders stay crispy.