this is my kind of dinner.
sauteed, flattened chicken tenders. sandwich the tenders between two pieces of wax paper, and if you don't have a mallet, smack with the bottom of a sauce pan until they're the desired thickness. or should i say thinness?
thin angel hair pasta with a lemony artichoke sauce.
and an easy weeknight meal.
chicken with artichokes, lemon, & angel hair
adapted from everyday food's chicken with artichokes and angel hair
makes 2 hearty servings in about 30 minutes
1/4 cup flour
1/2 pound chicken tenders, pounded thin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- cook the pasta according to package directions. while the water is boiling and the pasta is cooking, make the chicken and the sauce.
- heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.
- place flour in a shallow dish & season with salt & pepper. dredge the chicken in the flour and set in the warm oil. do not crowd the pan - cook in two batches if necessary. cook the chicken until brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. remove chicken from the pan.
- add broth to the pan and bring to a simmer. cook until reduced by half.
- add the chicken and the artichokes. bring to a boil.
- remove from heat and mix in the butter. cover to keep warm.
- when the pasta is done cooking, drain. top the pasta with the chicken and sauce.