a three pound pot roast makes a lot of meat for two people. after eating leftovers for lunch a couple times, we were both getting bored with the same meal, and were struggling to think of good ways to use up the leftovers. until i thought about beef stroganoff and how good the leftover pot roast and gravy would be over egg noodles. add a healthy dash of cream and we had a great meal to use up the last of our roast and gravy. jason preferred this to the pot roast!
beef with gravy, cream, and noodles
20 minutes, serves 4 adults
12 ounce package egg noodles
about 2 cups leftover pot roast sauce
about 1 pound leftover pot roast
1/2 cup heavy cream
- cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. drain, toss with a little butter or olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking together, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- while the noodles are cooking, place the pot roast sauce in a medium saute or sauce pan over medium low heat. if you prefer, use an immersion blender to smooth the sauce.
- cut the beef into bite size pieces and add to the sauce.
- turn the heat up to medium high heat and bring the sauce to a simmer. add one quarter to one half cup of heavy cream and bring to a simmer. taste and season with salt and pepper.
- spoon the beef and sauce mixture over the egg noodles to serve.