last weekend i had a handful of roasted tomatoes, baby spinach, and a small piece of brie leftover from sandwiches i made for new years eve. i cooked up the remnants of a box of fusilli, tossed the hot pasta with the brie, spinach, and tomatoes, and topped the whole mess with two runny fried eggs. it was the best lunch i've had in a long time.
pasta with roasted tomatoes and fried eggs
30 minutes, serves 2
1/4 pound pasta - leftover pasta is fine
1 cup cherry tomatoes
handful of baby spinach
2 ounces brie
- cook your pasta until al dente. drain, return to the pot, and keep warm.
- while the pasta is cooking, heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. add the tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. cook the tomatoes until they break down, about 10 minutes, while the pasta cooks.
- while the pasta and tomatoes cook, rinse the spinach and tear or chop coarsely. cut the brie into small cubes.
- when the pasta is done cooking, toss with the cherry tomatoes, spinach, and brie. keep warm.
- fry the eggs in the now empty non stick skillet. divide the pasta among two plates and top each portion with two fried eggs.