6.07.2011

garlicy BLT

i'm hubs-less this week. jason took the week off and headed down to oklahoma to spend the week with his mom. which leaves me with a week's worth of cooking for one, which unexpectedly has me thinking about my single girl days.

see, before we lived together, i lived in my own apartment for two years. it was one of the best things i ever did for myself. i had my own routine, my own place for everything, and didn't have to answer anyone. those of you who have lived by yourself - in your own space - know exactly what i mean. but once you live with someone, in a place that belongs to both of you - not his, not yours, but ours - it's different. not bad, just different. so as much as i love him and can't wait for him to come back on saturday, everyone could use a little time to themselves. i'm filling mine by hanging pictures, planting my garden, and cooking. lots of cooking.


and one married kate trait i've kept (you know, besides being married) - for the most part - is making myself a decent dinner. single girl kate ate a lot of cold cereal, scrambled eggs, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner. married kate makes tomato sauce from scratch and stuffs ravioli. i think i've found a happy medium with this sandwich - simply mix a crushed garlic clove with a few tablespoons of mayo before spreading it on your roll. build your BLT with good thick, crunchy bacon, sliced tomatoes, and lettuce. and you're set for a night of chick tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...