9.06.2012

banana cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting

this is the first thing i baked after baby winn was born back in june. it was the week of july fourth, the baby was about a week and a half old, and i needed something to get me back in the swing of baking and some semblance of normalcy. and since my sister and her husband were on their way to meet the baby for a few days, i figured it would be a good time to bake a cake. this cake was perfect. perfectly light and moist. and the frosting is to die for. so much so that my sister emailed me asking for the recipe a couple weeks later.




banana cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting
5 min prep, 30min bake, makes one 9x13" pan

click the link to get the recipe at rachel cooks. i took rachel's suggestion and only made half of the frosting and it was still plenty. other than that, i followed her recipe exactly.

4 comments:

  1. just found your blog and love it! I can't believe you baked a cake a week after your baby was born, you are hardcore. I know what you mean about needing something to get back into the swing of normalcy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds incredible! i love the chocolate frosting too. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Glad you liked it, one of my absolute favorites. Gorgeous picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...